Friday, July 1, 2011

News

As some of you might have heard by now, Bryan asked me a very important question on Wednesday evening. :) I also gave a very important answer to that question.


Our evening started out with some homemade fondue. We made a few stops at some stores in the neighborhood to gather the supplies to whip up some cheesey goodness! Garlic bread, pretzels, and roasted veggies were chosen to play the important roles of "dippers" for our cheese fondue. Here's what dinner looked like:


After dinner, we decided that going for a walk in the nearby park would be an excellent idea because it was incredibly warm on Wednesday, and our apartment does not have any fans or air conditioning. I went to brush my teeth before we headed out the door, and Bryan took the opportunity to grab the ring from his luggage.

We walked for quite a bit before we happened across a bridge over this adorable creek:



I told Bryan that we should grab the camera and he responded "There's something else first." He took the ring out of his pocket and asked me to marry him and I said yes.

Afterwards, we went out to a neighborhood bar that has a patio and ordered some Prosecco to celebrate.

It was very simple, very Bryan (planned but also spur of the moment,) and overall very nice. The ring he picked out is great and one-of-a-kind (from the local jewelry store in Des Plaines). A photo can not do this ring justice, but you all have been requesting one. Here it is:





Please don't laugh at my short fingers or tiny hand! It's not nice!

Our weekend plans include visiting Dresden, which is a city on a river. You all know how much I love water! Have a great 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment